LEGALDOCS - Legal Services Retainer Agreement
*Legaldocs is not practicing law, and Legaldocs is not your attorney.
By proceeding further you acknowledge you have READ THIS
This is an example of a completed Legal Services Retainer Agreement.
THERE IS A CHARGE OF $15.95
TO OBTAIN AND PRINT THIS DOCUMENT. You can proceed with the Questionnaire,
and obtain a Legal Services Retainer Agreement free of charge, but to obtain the
final, completed document, ready for viewing and instant printing (or Save-to-File),
you will be asked to submit credit card information and will be billed $15.95.
However, please feel free to complete or review this Questionnaire and the Summary
which will be produced. It is educational and will provide some insight regarding
which areas, minimally, should be covered, and will let you see if the subject
matters important to you are covered in the Legal Services Retainer Agreement
Once you pay for the document, you can return to this site and access and modify the completed document for 24 hours as long as you use the same computer. The completed document is available in MSWord format, so you can print and/or save it to your hard drive. You can then modify the document on your system in MSWord, or (during the initial 24 hour period) modify the document by clicking on the document link in legaldocs.com. You can also copy/paste the document into any other word processor and print or make changes as you desire.
This Legal Services Retainer Agreement is a contract for legal services, between an attorney and his or her client, for a predetermined hourly rate. In many states, written fee agreements are required for the attorney to enforce the terms of the attorney/client agreement.
Note: You do not need to punctuate at the end of your entries. If you do not enter data in most of the fields below, then blank spaces will appear in their places on your Fee Agreement. Use this form if you and your client agree to an hourly rate for the specified legal services. Fixed rate fee agreements are available at Fixed Fee Agreements, and contingency fee agreements are available at Contingency Fee Agreements.
To create a Legal Services Retainer Agreement, complete this Form.
INFORMATION REGARDING THE PARTIES TO THIS FEE AGREEMENT
INFORMATION REGARDING THE FEE AND LEGAL SERVICES
ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS: Answer "Yes" or "No" to the following questions:
Note: If you answer "No" to the questions below, there will be no reference to those provisions in this Agreement.
- Will Client be required to pay an advance Retainer? Yes No
- If you answered "Yes" above, then enter the amount: Dollars
(e.g., Two thousand ($2,000)).
- Will certain legal services be excluded from this Fee Agreement? Yes No
- If you answered "Yes" to the above questions, please enter the legal services that you want to exclude in the box below:
- The services to be provided by Attorney will not include any appellate review of the court's decision; (OR)
- The services to be provided by Attorney under this agreement are for the filing and prosecution of a plaintiff's action only, and in the event of a counter claim, Attorney and Client will discuss a separate agreement in the event any such counter claim is filed.
- Do you want to include a provision that any fee disputes will be subject to binding arbitration? Yes No
- Do you want to include a provision that any legal malpractice disputes will be subject to binding arbitration?
- Do you want to include a clause stating that Attorney does, or does not, maintain a policy of liability insurance?
If you checked "yes" to the insurance clause, complete the following:
This completes the information input for your Legal Services Retainer Agreement. When you Send this Form, this program will prepare a Summary of the Legal Services Retainer Agreement for your review. Make sure that all facts stated in the Summary are correct in all respects.
[Back to Legaldocs Home Page]
Legaldocs, Legaldocs.com, Lawdocs, and Lawdocs.com are
trademarks of Amicus National, Inc.
Copyright 1996 - 2017, Amicus National, Inc. All rights reserved.
All copyrights to all pages
in Legaldocs reserved.